Cutlets can also be freezed. Cling film is used to separate cutlets inorder to prevent sticking. If you freeze them correctly, you can use this as and when needed for 1-2 months.
(makes 100 depending on the size)
Ghee 2 tbsp
Oil 4 tbsp
Onion 4 cups
Garlic 8 cloves
Ginger 2" piece
Green Chilli 10-13
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Pepper powder 2 tsp
Garam Masala 2 tsp
Curry leaves few
Coriander leaves 2 tbsp
1. Cut the onions lengthwise into 2 or 3 equal parts and then slice them.
2. Cook the meat till done in a pressure cooker alongwith salt,pepper and 1/2 a tsp of turmeric powder. Let it cool.
4. Now heat ghee and oil in a pan. Add the sliced onions to it and saute it for a while till it turns translucent. Add ginger-garlic & green chilli paste to it. It'll take about 10 mts or so in medium -high flame. Adjust the flame so that there is no moisture left in the pan.
6. Season with the remaining spices like pepper and garam masala. Pop in the Curry Leaves and Coriander Leaves. Let it cool
7. Boil potatoes till tender and mash them nicely.
8. Mix poatoes into masala nicely to make a dough.
9. Make small balls out of it and flatten a bit to circle or oval shape. You can make heart or anyother shape if you are having moulds.
10. Beat eggwhites and a tbsp of milk until frothy using a fork.
11. Take some breadcrumbs in a plate. Now dip these patties into the eggwhites ,take it out and then coat with breadcrumbs nicely. Do this individually on all cutlets.
How to Freeze:
Take an airtight containter and layer cutlets on it. After doing a single layer, place a sheet of cling film on it and then layer cutlets again. Place clingfilm, then cutlets and so on till all the cutlets are placed in the box. place one more sheet of cling film on top and then close the lid tightly. Keep this in the freezer. This would stay fresh for about 2 months or so.
How to Fry:
While frying, no need to defreeze. Heat oil in a pan to smoking hot and then pop in the cutlets and fry till it turns brown on both the sides. The oil should be extra hot as these cutlets are cold and may turn the oil to too low temperature which may cause these cutlets to break or oily.
Linking this to Foodabulous Event hosted by Saju's Tastes