It felt like suddenly we fell back into 90s where we stayed together with sisters and bro. The only difference was that my younger sister was not there and we missed her terribly.
Brown sugar 150g
Caster sugar 100g
Unsalted butter 15g
Horlicks powder 2 tbsp
Plain Flour 175g
Cocoa powder 25g
Baking powder 1 tsp
Baking soda 1/2 tsp
Icing sugar 250g
Cocoa powder 1 tsp
Horlicks 45 g
Unsalted butter 125g, at room temperature
Maltesers chocolate to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Butter and line two 8"cake tins with baking sheets.
- Whisk together eggs and sugars until light and frothy.
- Heat the milk, butter and horlicks powder in a small saucepan until the butter has melted and the mixture is hot but not boiling.
- Beat the milk mixture into the eggs a little at a time.
- Fold in the dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Divide the cake batter evenly between the two tins and bake in oven for 25 minutes, till risen and will spring back when pressed gently.
- Let them cool on a rack for about 5-10 minutes and then turn them out of their tins.
- For the icing, put the , cocoa and horlicks in the processor and whizz to remove all lumps.
- Add the butter and process again.
- Stop, scrape down, and start again, pouring the boiling water down the funnel with the motor running until you have a smooth .
- Sandwich the cold sponges with half of thebutter cream and then ice the top with what is left, with .