Assalamu alaikum dear friends…
The blessed month of Ramadan is almost here. The month when the Quran was revealed to the Muslims as guidance… that is how important the month is. While we spend majority of our time in Ibaadah in the form of our Salaah(prayer), recitation of the Qura’an, pondering over the verses, giving Sadaqah(charity), at the same time we give a lot of importance to our food served during the Iftar (fast breaking) and Suhoor (pre-dawn meal) to ensure that enough energy is provided to carry on during the long hours of fasting.
As days pass by, the shift is towards healthy eating during the meal times, considering the hazards caused by deep fried and unhealthy foods after the fasting hours. We, Hasna, Huma and Rafeeda are proud to host a 6 week-long event on our respective blogs, looking at options for healthier cooking and feasting. Do you have a recipe that you treasure and think is a healthy option to serve for the Ramadan meals? Then this is the place for you. The event, which we have named as “Ahlan Ramadan – The Healthy Way” starts from June 25 and will continue till August 10.
Let us look into the event rules:
1. The base theme is “healthy” – usage of whole grains, lentils, lean meat, baking instead of frying, etc. can be considered. It can be a any recipe with a healthy twist. For example, using whole-wheat flour instead of maida for samosas are welcome even if it is fried.
2. Vegetarian and non-vegetarian entries can be linked.
3.There is no set category – drinks, snacks, meals, bakes, etc. are all welcome.
4. Please publish the logo as well as link it to this event announcement page. To make it easy, just copy and paste this statement to your blog post:
“Sending this entry to Ahlan Ramadan –The Healthy Way”
5. All participants must compulsorily like our FB pages – Kachuss Delights, Gheza-e-Shirin and TheBig Sweet Tooth.
6. There is no limit to the number of entries per participant, archives allowed,which is to be linked using the linky tool below.
7. Non-bloggers are also welcome to participate! Please provide us the recipe and the picture at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Now let’s break the surprise! Yes, we have planned three types of giveaway for this event!
The beautiful baking book, “Surprise-Inside Cakes” by Amanda Retke
A USD 15/- gift card from Amazon.com.
A beautiful salwar set from NavVarn.
After linking in or emailing us your entries, please use the Rafflecopter below to like all our pages and to stand a chance to win the giveaways!
So what are you waiting for? Awaiting all your delicious, “healthy” entries…
Please use this Second Linky Tool as the first one is closed
a Rafflecopter giveaway