There's nothing more delicious than homemade juicy burgers. Forget your jaws and fill as much as you can ... full open your mouth and stuff it with the burgers.. yummm ! I can't resist that.
These are juicy , melt in mouth, easy to follow, simple to make and delicious little patties ; shallow fried in oil or grilled and then sandwiched between buns and salads of your choice. The recipe is a revised version of that adapted from Vah re Vah . I had mixed soya with chicken for healthy reasons and a little variation in the spices. Noo likes chicken and Raz likes vegetable burgers. So I say Noo that these are chicken burgers and to Raz I say Soya burgers.. Both are happy and I don't have to lie.. taada !
2 cups/450g Chicken mince *
160g/1 cup Soya
4 tbsp cream
1 tsp Pepper powder
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp Lemon juice
3 tbsp Chopped coriander
1 tbsp Red chilli, crushed
2 Onions, finely chopped
1 tsp Garam masala
1/2 cup Bread crumbs
Extra Bread crumbs to coat
1. Soak soya nuggets in warm milk for atleast an hour. Drain them nicely, press till all moisture dries up and then process in a food processor.
2. Add chicken mince to it and blend again.
3. Place chicken and soya mixture in a bowl. Add all other ingredients except bread crumbs to coat . Mix well using a wooden spatula.
4. The mixture will be very wet and sticky(that's the secret behind juicy burgers). Place some bread crumbs on a plate. Shape the chicken soya dough into patties and coat them with bread crumbs. You can either fry them then and there or freeze them for later purpose. Click here for freezing tips.
5. Fry them till it turns golden color and get cooked through. About 3-4 minutes on each side on medium-high flame.
6. For assembling:- I used mayonnaise, lettuce,onions, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, pickled jalapeno peppers, cheese and saute mushrooms.
* If you are using chicken breasts, cut them into chunks, clean and dry them nicely, process them in food processor.